Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Day 9 - Recipe and something I'm proud of

Nancy, you are going to be really upset with me for this one! You'll be addicted after just one bite! My kids ask for this for their birthdays every year.
Heath Bar Cake

German Chocolate cake mix, prepared and baked according to package directions in 13 x 9 cake pan
2 cans of eagle brand milk - I use fat free so I don't feel so guilty
1 large bottle of caramel ice cream syrup
Medium size container of cool whip
1 Heath candy bar, crushed

Let cake cool for about 10 minutes and poke holes all over cake the end of a wooden spoon. Pour 1 can of eagle brand milk in holes, followed by caramel syrup, then 1 can of eagle brand milk. If you can wait, it's best to let the cake sit in the refrigerator overnight to soak up the syrup and eagle brand milk and frost with cool whip. If you can't wait, frost when cake is room temperature with cool whip. Top with crushed candy bar. Store in refrigerator.


Now for what I'm proud of:

I'm proud of my children. They may not always do things the way I want them to, but I'm still proud. My son, EG's daddy, spends so much time teaching her things and when he walks into a room, her face lights up and she puts her arms out and says Da. I'm proud to say he's a great dad (EG's mommie is pretty awesome too)! He also has a big heart and would give someone anything he has to help them out.

My son, Farmer Boo, started college in the fall of 2008, has worked full time every summer and taken summer classes for the past 3 years, maintained a 3.6 gpa, and will graduate in May 2012 with a major in Agriculture Business and a minor in Agronomy. He's not only book smart, he's common sense smart, and that's scary! He's great at giving advice and he's very devoted to God and his church.

Baby Chef graduated high school with 28 college hours, was in the top 4 percent in her graduating class and an honor graduate.  When she applied to culinary school, she was granted early acceptance status and was awarded a scholarship for a recipe she created. She married young and her and her Army Man have already purchased a home.

Some days, I wonder if I do anything right, and I look at my children and think...they are what I've done right.

EG's Daddy, Baby Chef, and Farmer Boo

"I worship the quicksand you walk on." Clairee Belcher









No comments:

Post a Comment