Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Day 3 - Recipe and picture of me and my friends

Good morning and happy Wednesday! I don't know about everyone else but I'm ready for some cool weather and Blue Devil Football! During this time of year, football is what everyone lives for where I come from. I'm not bragging but we have always been blessed with  a great group of coaches and an amazing football team. Last night, we had our first booster club meeting for the season. Saw some old faces and some new ones. I'm excited about our upcoming season because not only is it a social event, it's a way to support our athletes.

Today is the day I share a picture of me and my friends. The picture is from Baby Chef's bachelorette party. The ladies in the picture are just a few of the precious women in my life that I'm lucky enough to call friends. 


My recipe today is one I haven't made in a while. It's a pita sandwich. It's light but filing and absolutely perfect on a hot day like today! Hope you enjoy : )

ROAST BEEF PITAWICHES

1½ cups packaged coleslaw mix
3 Tbs. fat free mayonnaise
1 Tbs. skim milk
1 tsp. horseradish mustard
¼ tsp. caraway seed
6 oz. thinly sliced roast beef
2 pita bread rounds, halved

In a small bowl mix mayonnaise, milk mustard and caraway seed. Add to coleslaw mix. Toss to coat. To assemble sandwiches, place ¼ of the roast beef and ¼ of the cabbage mixture in each pita half. Makes 4 servings.


No comments:

Post a Comment