Thursday, August 4, 2011

Day 4 - Recipe and a picture of someplace I've been

Today I'm supposed to share a picture of someplace I've been. I haven't been many places....Washington D.C., New York City, Gatlinburg, Nashville, Ft. Benning, Georgia, and Dallas. I don't have some strange phobia about going places, I just like home.

Baby Chef and I took a trip to NYC for spring break. I was reluctant to go. My grandmother, who lives with us, had been ill since December and I didn't feel comfortable going that far away. But my sweet little daughter talked me into it and it was one of the best times I've ever had. Her choir teacher planned the trip and crammed as much fun into 5 days as he could.

Day 1 we saw the Broadway Musical Jersey Boys and walked about 2 miles.
Day 2 we saw the Broadway Musical Memphis, which is a MUST see!! We toured Ellis Island and saw the Statute of Liberty. I think we walked about 6 miles that day.
Day 3 - I don't remember too well other than the fact we walked about 7 miles.
Day 4 - we walked another 6 miles.
Day 5  - the kids competed and did exceptionally well. We walked about 9 miles that day.
We toured The Top of the Rock, Radio City Music Hall, St. Peter's Cathedral, the World Trade Center Memorial, Little Italy, Times Square, Tiffany's...and we rode the subway!!Thankfully, we walked so much because I ate a cannoli EVERY day!! Everyone should visit NYC at least once. It's a wonderful place and the subway wasn't so bad even though I did see a rat!


Times Square

 This is the easiest recipe ever and it was my grandfather's favorite.

BREAD PUDDING

1 stick melted butter
4 eggs, well beaten
1½ cups sugar
2 cups milk
5 slices bread, broken in small pieces
1 tsp. vanilla

Mix all ingredients and bake at 375 degrees until golden brown.

"I'm not crazy, I've just been in a very bad mood for forty years." --Ouiser

No comments:

Post a Comment