Monday, August 8, 2011

Day 8 - Recipe and something in life that gives me balance

This is my younger son, Farmer Boo's, favorite! 

Farmer Boo's Chicken Casserole
3 or 4 chicken breasts, cooked and torn into pieces
16 ounces sour cream
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 package of Ritz crackers, crushed
1 stick of butter melted

Mix cooked chicken, sour cream and soup together. Spread in greased casserole dish. Mix crushed crackers and butter and spread over chicken mixture. Bake at 350 degrees for about 25 to 30 minutes.


I'm not sure if I will ever have balance in my life...I'm not really sure I know what it means. I'm just a plain person. I like simple but I always have a project. For some reason, I feel like I need to be doing something ALL the time. So I guess being busy is what gives me "balance." For instance yesterday I had a bridal shower at my house and here's how my day went:

Watered the plants outside, picked weeds from the flower beds, swept the sidewalk
Made a tulle bows to hang on the mailbox
Folded laundry and put it away, dusted, and vacuumed
Cleaned the bathrooms, took out the trash
Made a veggie tray
Dipped 69 strawberries in white chocolate
Made the bed
Changed clothes for the shower
Picked up cuppy cakes
Made drunken weiners and punch
Finished putting everything out on the table to serve
Guests arrived
Mingled with guests and encouraged them to eat...I'm starving at this point because I didn't have time to eat earlier
Shower was a success (YEAH)
Cleaned up
Drove 60 miles to see my grandaughter, EG, my oldest son EG's daddy, EG's mommie, and my younger son, Farmer Boo
Lots of hugs, kisses, and playtime with EG
Talked to Baby Chef through a program on the Iphone that's similar to Skyppe
Dinner
Drove 60 miles back home
BEDTIME!!!
Wonderful day full of balance!







"You know, you would be a much more contented, pleasant person if you would find ways to occupy your time." -Clairee Belcher

No comments:

Post a Comment