Friday, August 5, 2011

Day 6 - Recipe and something about my best friend and what makes them special

This recipe is a favorite of my oldest son - EG's Daddy. I serve it with rice and it's wonderful!!





CHICKEN CASSEROLE

8 boneless chicken breast halves without skin
8 strips of bacon
1 c. sour cream
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 jar dried beef

Wrap 1 strip of bacon around each chicken breast. Line a large casserole dish with the dried beef. Place the bacon wrapped chicken breasts on top. Mix sour cream and mushroom soup together. Pour on top of chicken breasts and bake at 350° for about 1 hour or until chicken is done.



Baby Chef happens to be my very best friend! Before she married Army Guy and moved, we did everything together. We even finish each others sentences. Depending on the situation, we can look at each other and pretty much know what the other is thinking. There are so many things about Baby Chef that make her special. I'm her mom I'm allowed to be prejudicial!

Baby Chef came into the world independent. I was so excited to have a baby girl. I thought this is the last one and I'll cuddle and snuggle her but, she had other plans. Oh, she would cuddle and snuggle but it was when she wanted it. She's always been sassy but she's so cute, it makes it very difficult to get mad. Some people say she is a mini me. She is so much better than me. I wish that when I was her age, I would have had half the brains and independent spirit she has.  I can be in the worst mood and she knows exactly what I need to hear to turn my frown upside down.

The past month without her has been lonely but I'm so excited about all the things going on in her life. She got married, bought a new home, and started culinary school, which has been a dream of hers since she was in kindergarten. I'm so blessed to call Baby Chef not only my daughter but my best friend.



"Mama, you worry too much. In fact I never worry 'cause I always know you're worried enough for the both of us." Shelby Eatenton Latcherie

No comments:

Post a Comment