Thursday, August 18, 2011

Blogging and Pinterest...Oh My!

Baby Chef has done it again! First, she introduced me to blogging...now it's Pinterest! It's not like I don't have a million other things to do GAH!!!! In case you're not familiar with Pinterest, it's similar to blogging but with pictures. Unfortunately for me, it's become a small obsession and for the past few nights I've sat up looking at "boards" along with reading blogs. Needless to say, I've been fueling myself with caffeine to stay awake at work. Which leads to another problem....caffeine does not to my body good! I act like a kid with an overdose of sugar or worse! I'm all over the place and I literally can't stop talking! I mean it makes me talk more than my average (which is alot). Tonight there will be no more blogging or Pinterest for me! I have to be rested up for tomorrow because Farmer Boo turns 21!!!!

This cake is absolutely wonderful and it's Gma's favorite! I hope you enjoy!

BOHEMIAN COFFEE CAKE

1 c. oil
1 c. brown sugar
1 c. white sugar
1 c. buttermilk
1 c. coconut
1 c. chopped pecans
2 eggs
2½ c. self rising flour
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. nutmeg
1 tsp. vanilla

Mix all ingredients. Bake in a 10” tube pan at 350° for 45 – 50 minutes. Ice when cool.

Icing:

8 oz. cream cheese, softened
1 lb. box powdered sugar
1 c. chopped pecans
½ stick butter
2 tsp. vanilla

Mix, cheese, butter and sugar. Add pecans and vanilla and spread on cake when cool.



2 comments:

  1. Hi there! I just wanted to tell you how sweet you are and thank you soooo much for your prayers!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are very welcome and prayers are still going up for you and your precious family : )

    ReplyDelete