Friday, August 26, 2011

Busy Weekend and Week Ahead

I hope everyone has had a great week! For me, it's been a long one! The air at my office has been on the blink and today the repairman came to put in a new unit. Unfortunately, it was 85 degrees in the office UGH!! By  the end of the day, I was very thankful I do not have to work outside!

I'm looking forward to the weekend. I get to spend Sunday with EG's Daddy, EG's Mommie, and of course, EG. I can't wait! According to EG's Daddy, Grana is my grandma name. I don't care what EG calls me, and I suppose that's a good thing because last week she started calling me Ga. It's the absolute most precious sound I've ever heard other than when my kids said mamma for the first time.

The other thing I'm looking forward to is Wednesday I fly to see Baby Chef. It's also her birthday. I  pray the hurricane doesn't get in my way because I might become evil! I haven't seen Baby Chef in two months and I don't think I can stand being away from her much longer! She has made lots of plans for us and hopefully we'll get to do everything she wants. She's planned a birthday party "Breakfast at Tiffany's" style so I can meet her new friends. I'll post pictures and details after the party next Saturday.

I wanted to share a recipe I got from Baby Chef for Hash Brown Casserole. It's easy and it tastes wonderful!

Hash Brown Casserole

1 cup of diced onion
1 stick of butter, thinly sliced
8 ounces of sour cream
8 ounces (or more)shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1 can Cream of Chicken soup
2 lbs. frozen hash browns, thawed
1/2 to 1 cup crushed Corn Flakes

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Stir together well, onion, butter, sour cream, cheese, and soup. Add the hash browns and mix well. Top with crushed corn flakes and bake until golden brown and bubbly.





No comments:

Post a Comment