Thursday, October 6, 2011

Brand New October

Hey everyone! I hope ya'll are having a great week! Thankfully, October hasn't started out as busy as September, so maybe I'll get a few more posts in.

I love this time of year when it starts getting cooler. It makes me want to try out new recipes, which is what I did this past weekend. I tried out Baby Chef's pumpkin muffin recipe which turned out great. I made a batch of them and shared with the people at the nursing home. They were all gone in about 5 minutes! I also tried this recipe which is now Gma's new favorite.

Easy Apple Pie Muffins
2 eggs
Can of apple pie filing
8 oz. of sour cream
1 box of spice cake mix

Mix and bake in muffin cups or loaf pan at 350 for about 25 minutes for a loaf pan or 15 minutes for muffins.

I'm continuing my daily visits to the nursing home. Gma is much better except for her vocabulary which is ranked up there with a sailor's. At my visit last night, someone on her hall died, and I was sequestered in Gma's room, which wouldn't have been so bad had her roommate not been ill and decided to have an eruption from both ends, and Gma screaming "She's s******* all over the place, WE GOTTA GET OUTTA HERE NOW!" You would have thought we needed to save ourselves from a bomb...literally. Needless to say, when I left, I went straight home and went to bed. It was only 8:30.


This is it, I've found it, I'm in hell. Ouiser

No comments:

Post a Comment