Saturday, September 3, 2011

Baby Chef's "Birthday" Story

I'm sorry that I didn't get to post this on Baby Chef's birthday. I was a little busy flying to NC to see her for the first time since she moved. This is her story:

On Monday, August 31, 1992 at 11:08 p.m., I was blessed with a dark haired beautiful baby girl! She weighed 8 pounds and was 20" long.

It was EG's Daddy's first day of preschool. I woke up bright and early with the feeling that something just wasn't right. Farmer Boo was a little grumpy because EG's Daddy was leaving him behind. To make up for EG's Daddy leaving, Farmer Boo and I went to Wal-Mart to do a little shopping.

I called Gma that morning and told her that I wasn't feeling bad but something just wasn't right, and if I didn't feel better when the boys woke up from their nap, I might need to go to the doctor. She got a little irritated with me and asked could I not wait until Wednesday, which was my next scheduled appointment. I told her that I'd figure it out when the boys woke up.

About 3 p.m. the boys got up and I still didn't feel quite right. I called Gma and told her I was going to the doctor. I called our sitter and the doctor's office. The nurse told me to go on to the hospital. Gma and I get there and the doctor in labor and delivery checks me and tells me I'm dilated 2 cm and to go walk around the hospital complex for a couple of hours.

Gma and I began our walk. What I really mean is Gma walked...I waddled. It seemed the longer we walked the hotter it got! When we made it back to Labor and Delivery, we were both wet from head to toe and I mean that literally. The doctor came in and gave me the good news that he was going to admit me and was there anything I wanted before I was banished to bed. All I could say was I wanted a shower and he was smart enough to allow it. I think I may have looked a little evil and he had probably been a doctor long enough to realize not to deny a very large pregnant woman of anything she asked for!

Baby Chef's birth was very different from Farmer Boo's. It was much more calm and relaxed - other than the fact that I had no pain medicine.  I didn't start having contractions until about 9:30 p.m., which unfortunately for me, was about the time they came in to do my epidural. That was a lost cause. Thankfully, Baby Chef was born at 11:08 p.m. with only me, Baby Chef's Daddy, my wonderful nurse, and Dr. Carol.

As soon as Dr. Carol gave Baby Chef to her daddy, I noticed him digging around in his pocket for something. I fussed at him and warned him that if he dropped her, he wouldn't live to tell about it. After what seemed like forever, Baby Chef's Daddy brought her over to me. That's when I saw my precious daughter for the first time. She was the most beautiful little girl I had ever seen, with a head full of dark hair, which is when I realized what her daddy had been digging around in his pocket for...a hairbow!

I'm fairly certain that Baby Chef wore a hairbow every day until she was in 2nd or 3rd grade. She also wore a dress nearly every day too!

It doesn't seem like Baby Chef should be 19! I am so blessed to have her for my daughter and my best friend!
Baby Chef making pizza in kindergarten

Baby Chef loved rabbits at an early age!

Baby Chef making a sundae

No comments:

Post a Comment